How to come
Rue Lazare Ponticelli - 77100 Meaux
Phone : 01 60 32 14 18
09.30 to 6.00, open throughout
Closed Tuesdays, 1 May, 25 December.
Annual closure from January 8 to January 19
Full price : €10
Reduced price : between €5 and €9 (On presentation of proof)
- How much time should you allow for a visit to the museum?
To appreciate the museum, we recommend allowing of a minimum of an hour and a half to two hours for a visit.
- Is the museum accessible to disabled people?
Of course, the museum is on one level and there is a lift to help you access the reception and exhibitions.
Find all our information for disabled visitors
- Is it possible to have lunch on site?
There isn’t a restaurant within the museum, only vending machines. However, there is a picnic space in the museum park as well as tables and chairs in the museum atrium. Your ticket is valid all day, allowing you to come and go and your convenience and you can go to a restaurant in town and return to finish your visit if necessary.
- From what age can you bring children to the museum?
There isn’t really a minimum age, it depends on the child. The museum is accessible to even the youngest child. An activity book is available at reception for children from age 7/8.
- Is it possible to take pictures in the museum?
Yes, if the flash is off, in order to preserve the artefacts.
- Is it necessary to rent an audio guide?
It’s not essential for the visit but it does add additional information (extracts from letters, speeches, etc.)
We recommend them to very passionate visitors or those who are visiting for the second time.
- What’s the difference between the “museum” ticket and the “exhibition” ticket?
The museum ticker gives you access to the permanent exhibition as well as the temporary one (when there’s one on) while the “exhibition” ticket only gives you access to the temporary exhibition.
- What’s the advantage of the annual pass?
The pass is valid for a year. It becomes profitable from the second visit and allows you to benefit from the cultural program events for free (themed guided tours on the 1st Sunday of the month, shows in the auditorium, etc.)
- Are there reduced ticket prices for disabled people?
There isn’t any reduced or free entry for disabled people. However, the accompanying adult receives free entry.
- What’s the advantage of a bala’pass 77 card?
1 full priced ticket = 1 free ticket.
- It is necessary to book in order to participate in a themed guided tour?
It’s not obligatory to do so but it's strongly advised as they’re limited to 25 guests.
- How can I book places for an event from the museum cultural program?
Via the online registration forms on the museum's website or by email at:
reservation.museedelagrandeguerre(arobase)meaux(point)fr or accueil.m2g(arobase)meaux(point)fr
or by phone on 01 60 32 10 45.
ADDRESS AND CONTACT
Rue Lazare Ponticelli,
Lat : 48.971432 Long : 2.904724
Telephone No. : 01 60 32 14 18
09.30 to 6.00, open throughout
Closed Tuesdays, 1 May, 25 December, January 1st
Annual closure from January 8 to January 19, 2018
Full price: €10
Reduced price: between €5 and €7 (On presentation of proof)